Monday, January 19, 2009

Shalom Shalom

I'm finally here! Woohoo!! It's around 11PM and my 5 other roommates and I are still getting all of our stuff organized. Even though the room is only meant for 4, it'll just force us to become closer faster! haha Surprisingly after a total of 2 days of traveling, I'm not tired.. I slept all but an hour of the 12 hour flight from Newark to Tel Aviv. I've made a lot of friends already the short time I've been with this group, which is a relief. The girls I'm staying with are really fun. After the hour bus drive from Ben Gurin (I might have spelled that wrong) airport, we arrived at our house. We had a meeting, dinner and then a group of about 10 of us went for a walk. We went to a coffee shop and it was so much better than starbucks! (sorry Jess =]) It felt pretty comfortable walking around the city, the little that we did. I didn't really feel scared or out of place..other than the fact that we were one of the only groups of people speaking english. haha Overall, it's been a pretty good day! I will put up pictures of the room and the building tomorrow when I'm all unpacked and situated. Tomorrow starts our days of travel and learning!

5 comments:

  1. haha its cool, if it werent for my discount i'd go elsewhere for my coffee too! :) i'm glad you're there and safe. have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are safe and sound and getting settled!! Lots of girls in a tiny space is always fun! Can't wait to hear more stories and see pics! Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you and for what God is going to do in you over the next few weeks. I love you baby girl...

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful to know you have started bonding with your roomies already. PTL! So glad you are within walking distance of great stuff. That will be a neat added experience you wouldn't have had in the dorm. Looking forward to pictures and your insights. Have a great evening since it is 5:40pm right now in Israel. I'm guessing you are getting ready for dinner and your wall walking tour. So cool!

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. How far is your house from Ben Yehuda? Can you walk there?

    ReplyDelete