Wednesday, February 4, 2009

February 4, 2009

Today was a short but sweet day. The only place we went to was the Ein Gedi Nature Reserve. On one side of the reserve we looked at a synagogue that had original mosaic floors that were almost fully complete still in it. On the other side, we hiked up the mountain to David’s Waterfall, or the Ein Gedi Waterfall, whichever one it’s called. The mountains we were hiking on were the same mountains David hid in when he was running from Saul when Saul wanted to kill David as a result of his jealously. The reason the waterfall is called David’s Waterfall is because it’s where David and his men would come out to drink and bathe while they were in hiding there. It was a gorgeous reserve and waterfall. After having our daily spiritual lessons from Dr. Hemby, we hiked back down the mountain. Because the main person of today was David, we were required to read Psalm 57, 63, and 142 – all Psalms that David wrote. So, our “assignment” for the day was to write our own Psalm, the “151st Psalm”. Because we were given an hour to write, 3 of my good girlfriends and I walked to a desert area a little walk away that overlooked the Dead Sea. It was a beautiful sight to see that definitely inspired my writing. I’m not completely done with my Psalm, so I’m not going to type it up and post it quite yet. But as soon as it’s complete, I will put it up. Even though we only went to one place today, we didn’t get done until around 2PM. Once getting back to the house, I went to a coffee shop near by with some friends and hung out for about an hour to just chill. And now I’m here! Sorry once again for being behind on the blogs, but I can now say that I am all caught up! =]  Now I’m going to bed because tomorrow is a long day of archeological digging! Good night all! 

2 comments:

  1. I love you baby girl! So glad you were just dehydrated and not sick sick. Please keep yourself stocked in bottled water and let me know if you need more funds in your account. I'm sooooooo pumped about your dig tomorrow! Can't wait to hear all about it. So many people are being blessed by your blogging even though they aren't all commenting. They tell me how much it means to them. It thrills my heart that the Lord continues to talk to you and minister His very personal love to you. I pray you will daily sense His presence in new ways and daily hear His voice leading you and guiding you in all things. I'm still in the hospital but am making forward progress though slowly. I'm at peace here though and being well cared for. Dad is now fighting the same virus so pray for him. I love you so much. Keep soaking in the Lords sweet presence and pressing into His bosom for comfort and love. Remember the scripture from Psalms I gave you the other day about trusting the Lord with all your heart leaning not on your own understanding acknowledging Him and He'll make your paths straight. Big big hugs from your momma who loves you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julie, great blog(s). I can hardly wait to read your Psalm. I love you and pray for you every day.

    ReplyDelete